Activyl Dog Small 6 - 10kg
Activyl is for the treatment and prevention of flea infestation, as well as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Developing stages of fleas (eggs and larvae) in the pet’s immediate surroundings are killed following contact with ACTIVYL® treated pets.
Activyl contains the inactive ingredient Indoxacarb, 150.15 mg per dose, which stays in an inactive state until it makes contact with the fleas. Once contact is made activyl is "activated" making this product very safe for cats who are hypersensitive.
This product is suitable for puppies older than 8 weeks of age and dogs over 1.5 kg's.
One pipette of Activyl small dog 0.77ml will dose one dog between 6 - 10 kg's.
- Open the foil pouch and remove the pipette
- Snap the tip open by bending it and folding the tip away from your face.
- Part the hair at the back of your dogs neck, between the shoulder blades.
- Place the pipette on the visible skin and squeeze until all the contents is applied to the skin.
- Reapply at least every 4 weeks.
In severe infestations two treatments 2-3 weeks apart are recommended.
Mild, transient side effects, such as salivation, occasional scratching, alopecia and erythema at application site, were reported at a low level. Correct application will minimise licking of the application site.
Not suitable for puppies younger than 8 weeks or under 1.5 kg's
Safety of Activyl in pregnant or lactating dogs has not been established.