Virbac EquiMax NF
- Vendor: Virbac
Customize your order
Equimax™ is administered orally by means of a disposable syringe at a dose rate of 200 μg of ivermectin and 1,5 mg of praziquantel per kg of body mass (1,07 g of oral paste per 100 kg body weight). Each mass marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 100 kg body mass.
- Equimax™ broad-spectrum parasiticide for horses provides effective control for all major worms of horses including:
- Strongylus vulgaris (adult and arterial larvae) – blood-worm
- Strongylus edentatus (adults and encysted larvae/tissue stage)
- Strongylus equinus (adult)
- Triodontophorus (adult)
- Cyathostomum spp. (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Cylicocyclus spp. (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Cylicostephanus spp. (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Cylicodontophorus spp. (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Gyalocephalus spp. (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Parascaris equorum (adults and 3rd- and 4th-stage larvae)
- Oxyuris equi (adults and 3rd- and 4th-stage larvae)
- Trichostrongylus axei (adults)
- Strongyloides westeri (adults)
Large-mouthed stomach worms:
- Habronema muscae (adults) Draschia spp. (3rd-stage larvae)
- Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adults and 4th-stage larvae)
- Anoplocephala spp.
- Gasterophilus spp. (oral and gastric stages) Equimax™ is also effective for the control of skin lesions caused by Habronema spp. and Draschia spp. cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and Onchocerca spp. microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
- Insert syringe in the gap between the front and back teeth and deliver paste onto the back of the tongue. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing to ensure swallowing of the paste. Before administration, ensure that the horse does not have food in its mouth. Body mass of horse should be determined accurately to maximise the use of the paste.