Tetra Test - pH (59 Tests)
- Vendor: Tetra
Customize your order
Measures the pH level precisely and reliably
- Suitable for all freshwater aquariums
- Excellent long-term stability
- For a large number of analysis
Instruction for use
The test measures pH values ranging from 5 to 10.
- Rinse the test vial with the water to be tested.
- Fill the vial to the 5 ml mark with the water to be tested.
- Hold the bottle with the test reagent upside down over the vial and add 7 drops.
- Close the vial and shake gently.
- Hold the vial around 1 cm (finger‘s width) in front of the white surface of the colour chart.
Match the shade of the test solution to the colour it comes closest to on the colour chart and read the corresponding value.
After each test, rinse the vial thoroughly with tap water.
Values and assessment
The optimum pH value depends on the species of fish.
- Aquarium: General freshwater fish: 6.5 - 8.5
- Black water fish: 6.0 - 7.5
- East African cichlids: 7.5 - 8.5
- Pond: 6.5 - 8.5