Darrow’s Solution is a pleasantly flavoured oral glucose-electrolyte mixture for small and large animals.
The solution replaces fluids and electrolytes which have been lost in cases of diarrhoea and corrects the subsequent dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. It is readily accepted by convalescing animals and is of benefit to them.
Electrolyte, energy and fluid replacement for animals that have been ill, recovering from surgery, not drinking correctly or have had a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea. This solution does not treat underlying cause of disease so if your pet is ill seek advise from your closest veterinarian
Directions for use
- Dilute 1 part Darrow’s Solution with 10 parts water (or use as directed by your veterinarian)
- Give to the animal as the only source of water while under treatment
- The oral solution should be prepared daily.
- Discard any unused solution after 24 hours.
When diluted as directed, a solution contains 0.15% potassium chloride, 0.2% sodium chloride, 0.25% sodium citrate and 2.5% glucose.
Applicable to: Bird, Cat, Cattle, Dog, Goat, Hamster, Horse, Pig, Reptile, Sheep
- In patients with renal failure.
- In patients with sodium restriction e.g. cardiac failure, hypertension, etc.
- In patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Do not mix with other electrolyte containing solutions.
Store in a cool place (below 25°C)