F10 Insecticide Surface Spray
- Vendor: F10
Customize your order
A hard surface disinfectant for animal housing, effective against bacteria, fungi, viruses, spores and in repelling and elimating insects such as blow flies, biting flies, fleas, midges, mites, mosquitos and ticks.
Also for use outdoors on refuse.
- Quaternary ammonium and biguanide compound 0,116%
- Cypermethrin 0,25%
A long acting biocide and insecticide combination to disinfect and repel insects on hard surfaces and enclosed spaces. A hard surface disinfectant for animal housing, effective against bacteria, fungi, viruses, spores and in repelling and eliminating insects such as blow flies, biting flies, fleas, midges, mites, mosquitoes and ticks. Also for use outdoors on refuse and refuse tips. Not for use on pet bedding. Good residual effectiveness was also demonstrated across the disinfecting and insecticidal spectrums. It is virtually non-toxic and non-irritating making it animal safe.
The antimicrobial action is based upon the core actives of the F10 compound used in other F10 antiseptic and disinfectant products. At the concentrations in the product F10 has been assessed as giving a > log5 (100,000 times) reduction in microbial counts against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungi, yeast and moulds. F10 has proven viricidal effectiveness against both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses.
The insecticidal action is based upon cypermethrin (a pyrethroid). In the testing phases the indicator species used was the blow fly (Lucilia cuprina). As soon as the larvae were sprayed they immediately began to migrate from the test site and within 30 minutes were dead. Other tests on L. cuprina eggs resulted in a 100% kill. The product was equally effective against adult flies and showed a 77% kill in 15 minutes rising to 100% within 30 minutes.
Cypermethrin is a broad spectrum insecticide and is effective against other insects, e.g. biting flies, fleas, midges, mosquitoes and ticks.
Laboratory test showed the product was 100% effective at 5 days however during field trials which extended over two summer rainfall seasons residual action in some applications extended well beyond 2 weeks.
The product is water soluble and can be rinsed clear with water or alternatively will need repeat applications when exposed to rain water.
- Acute oral toxicity – >2000 to 5000mg/kg
- Acute dermal toxicity – > 5000mg/kg
- Acute dermal irritation – very slight erytherma (grade 1) for a few hours but reversible within 24 hrs
- Acute eye irritation – after 24 hrs contact with the cornea and iris showed no reaction. The eyelids and nictating membranes were graded 1 after 1 hour and were reversible after 72 hrs.
- Acute skin sensitisation – no sensitisation
- Acute inhilation toxicity- LC 50 >2mg/liter
Repeat efficiency tests and clinical analysis confirm a shelf life in excess of 3 years.
TO AVOID RISKS TO MAN AND THE ENVIRONMENT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Use only in well ventilated housing and spaces.
- It is good practice to wear a mask and gloves during application.
- Clear away debris and lightly spray over the site and leave to dry. Depending upon the porosity of the surface it may be necessary to apply up to 3 coats to create long acting effectiveness. Thereafter apply an additional coat weekly or as necessary.
ON HARD SURFACES IN ANIMAL HOUSING
- Before using the spray cover food and water containers and remove animals.
- Clear away bedding and debris before lightly spraying the surface until visibly wet but before runoff occurs.
- It may initially be necessary to apply more than one spray coat depending upon the absorbency of the surface material.
- Once effectiveness to repel insects is established repeat spraying every 7 to 14 days, or as necessary.
- The product is water soluble and should be re-applied if surfaces are washed or become exposed to rainwater.
- Ensure the spray area is well ventilated and allow 30 minutes for any fumes to clear.
- Replace with new bedding material, food and water and re-introduce animals.
WHEN USED ON HARD SURFACES OF SMALL CONTAINERS WHICH HAVE LITTLE OR NO ABSORBENCY, SUCH AS GLASS, PLASTIC, CERAMIC TILES, PAINTED SURFACES AND THE LIKE:
- Remove the animals, food and water containers, and substrate material.
- Lightly spray the internal surfaces and leave for at least 30 minutes before wiping off any surface residue with a damp disposable paper towel before re-introducing the animals.
- Replace the new substrate material with food and water and re-introduce animals.
ON REFUSE AND REFUSE TIPS
- Apply evenly over the refuse.
- Repeat as necessary
- Replace cap after use.
- The material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way.
- Do not contaminate foodstuffs, eating utensils or food contact surfaces.
- Do not empty in drains.
- Do not contaminate ground, waterbodies or watercourses with chemicals or used container.
- Remove or cover all fish tanks and bowls before application.
- Cover all water storage tanks before application.
- Do not apply directly to animals.
- Exclude animals during application.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Do not apply to clothing or human bedding.
- Keep in a safe place.
- Do not touch treated surfaces until dry.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of the reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Avoid contact with domestic cats and snakes.
- Avoid contact with food preparations surfaces.
- Dangerous to fish or aquatic life. Do not spray in areas containing aquaria, fish tanks and bowls, ponds or waterways.
- Hazardous to bees.
- Although this product has been used in the housing of some wild mammals, reptiles and birds, safety has not been proven in all species.
- DANGEROUS TO THE ENVIRONMENT
- NOT FOR USE ON DOMESTIC CATS. The ingredient cypermethrin is TOXIC to cats.
Opaque white liquid.
Store below 30°C in dry conditions and away from direct sun.
On time, quick, intelligent organisation! Highly recommended..