Milbemax Tasty Dewormer Cat Large (Single)
- Vendor: Elanco - Novartis
Customize your order
Milbemax Tasty Dewormer for Cats is a broad spectrum flavoured anthelminitics tablet for the treatment and control of larval and adult stages of gastrointestinal worms. Milbemax Tasty eliminates infestation of Hookworm, Roundworm, Tapeworm and Heartworm.
Each beef flavour coated tablet contains Milbemycin Oxime 16 mg and Praziquantel 40 mg. The tablet is beige to brown in colour and oblong in shape with a score on one side. Milbemax should be administered orally either with or after food.
For routine control adult cats should be treated every 3 months and in the event of a heavy round worm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days:
- 2 - 4 kg body mass - 0.5 Tablet
- 4 - 8 kg body mass - 1 Tablet
- 8 - 10 kg body mass - 1.5 Tablets
Milbemax Tasty Worming Tablets for Cats is suitable for use on kittens over 6 weeks old , pregnant and lactating queens.
To avoid worms reaching maturity and affecting your pet's health, and to reduce public health risks, you should worm your pet regularly. Kittens should be dewormed every 2 weeks from 2 weeks of age until 12 weeks, thereafter every month until 6 months of age. From 6 months on all cats should be dewormed every 3 months.
Don’t forget the flea control!
Fleas are often infected with the larvae of the Tapeworm, which can be transferred to your cat by swallowing the flea while grooming. In order to control worms, you also need to control fleas. A spot-on treatment is the easiest way to protect your cat – but you may also need one that kills flea larvae in your pet's surroundings, to effectively break the flea lifecycle.
If you don’t control a flea problem at the same time as worming, your cat is almost certain to be re-infected.
- During treatment of Milbemax Tasty, no other antiparasitic macrocyclic lactones should be administered.
- At 6.5 times overdose mild transient clinical signs of tremors and ataxia may be observed in some cats. The symptoms will disappear within a day.
- This product is for animal use only and should under no circumstances be administered to any animal other than that which is stated for.
- Keep out of reach of children and wash hands after use.
I have struggled with many different dewormers but my cats love this one. It's never a fuss at all. I was also relieved to be able to buy it online as I had been trying for weeks to get it from various shops and vets. I was very impressed with how quickly it was dispatched and delivered.