Oxbow Essentials Hamster & Gerbil Food
- Vendor: Oxbow
Customize your order
Essentials Hamster & Gerbil is made with premium, purposeful ingredients to support your pet’s healthy, active lifestyle. We include balanced sources of protein, fat, and carbohydrates for energy and add antioxidants and prebiotics to help support whole body health.
Essentials Hamster and Gerbil provides 100% of your pet’s daily recommended vitamins and minerals with no artificial preservatives, colours or flavours.
Suitable for: Hamster & Gerbil's
Optimal daily nutrition comes from balanced meals chock full of essential vitamins and minerals in every bite that will keep your pet’s body healthy and strong. All Oxbow foods are made with purposeful, premium ingredients and are 100% uniform to prevent the unhealthy selective eating habits that come with muesli and foraging mixes, and ensure complete nutrition in every bowl, every bite, every time!
- Oxbow EVERYBite foods deliver complete nutrition in every serving
- 3 sources of high energy grains help provide energy for an active life
- Antioxidants and prebiotics help support whole body health
- No artificial preservatives, colours, or flavours – just genuine, purposeful ingredients
- Contains 100% of your pet’s daily recommended vitamins & minerals to help support whole body health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Young (under six months) or Pregnant / Nursing Small Hamster or Gerbil/Large Hamster: Unlimited
Adult (over six months) Small Hamster: 1/8 cup
Adult (over six months) Gerbil/Large Hamster: 1/3 cup
* Please note that these are guidelines. If your hamster or gerbil is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
Note: Hamsters are known to hoard and hide their food, particularly females or those housed with other hamsters. Be sure to check for stockpiles of food and adjust daily rations as required.
While hamsters and gerbils don’t require hay as a staple in their diet, be sure to offer them free choice hay to burrow and hide in.
Transitioning Foods: Week One, mix ¼ new food with ¾ current food. Week Two, mix ½ new food with ½ current food. Week Three, mix ¾ new food with ¼ current food. By Week Four, you can feed Oxbow Essentials Hamster and Gerbil Food exclusively to your pet.