Profender Spot-on Dewormer Cats 2.5-5kg Blue (Box of 4)
- Vendor: Bayer
Customize your order
Profender is topical dewormer for the prevention and treatment of larval and adult stages of Ascarids, Hookworm and Tapeworm.
This is a topical treatment which should be administered to the surface of intact skin. Part the fur on the cat's neck above, the shoulder blades, and empty the content of the bottle onto the skin. This particular pipette contains 0.70ml of liquid which is suitable for treatment of a cat weighing between 2.5 - 5.0 kg body mass.
Profender is suitable for use on kittens over 8 weeks old , pregnant and lactating queens.
To avoid worms reaching maturity and affecting your pet's health, and to reduce public health risks, you should worm your pet regularly. Kittens should be dewormed every 2 weeks from 2 weeks of age until 12 weeks, thereafter every month until 6 months of age. From 6 months on all cats should be dewormed every 3 months and in the event of a heavy round worm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.
- Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Do not administer orally.
- Prevent the treated cat and/or other cats in the household from licking the site of application while it is wet. Salivation and vomiting may occur as a result for licking the wet area.
- The product usually dries within 24 hours after application
- The solvent in this product may stain certain materials including leather, fabrics, plastics and finished surfaces. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
Don’t forget the flea control!
Fleas are often infected with the larvae of the Tapeworm, which can be transferred to your cat by swallowing the flea while grooming.
In order to control worms, you also need to control fleas. A spot-on treatment is the easiest way to protect your cat – but you may also need one that kills flea larvae in your pet's surroundings, to effectively break the flea lifecycle.
If you don’t control a flea problem at the same time as worming, your cat is almost certain to be re-infected
This product is for animal use only and should under no circumstances be administered to any animal other than that which is stated for.