Pegasol is an oral broad spectrum dewormer for use in horses of all ages including pregnant mares, breeding stallions and foals. Pegamax is effective against large and small Strongyles, Pinworms and Ascarids
Directions for use:
- For oral use only
- Because re-infection is common, treatment must be repeated routinely for effective control.
- The contents of 1 syringe (26 g) will treat 1 horse of 600 kg body mass.
- Each marking on the syringe will deliver 6.5g of paste which is sufficient to treat 150 kg body mass.
- Ensure the horses mouth is free of food prior to administration of dewormer.
- Turn the ring on the plunger to the correct dosage setting in accordance with the horses body mass.
- Insert the syringe into the side of the horse's mouth in the gap between the front and back teeth.
- Advance the plunger to the chosen dosage, depositing the medication at the rear of the tongue.
- Raise the horses head for a few seconds immediately after dosing to ensure that the full dose is swallowed
Each syringe contains: Pyrantel pamoate 11.41 g
Proposed worm control programmes:
Mares - Regular dosing at 6 -8 week intervals on pastures during summer and autumn.
Stallions - Treat at least twice during the year.
Foals - Initial treatment at 2 months of age and followed by strategic treatment at 6 - 8 week intervals.
It is important to alternate between two groups of dewormer during the year.
Bot flies are active during late spring and peak during autumn. The bots are then carried through the winter. Treatment against the bots that are attached to the stomach wall is essential in order to remove the established burdens in autumn and winter.