- Vendor: Boehringer Ingelheim
Customize your order
Frontline Spray provides effective flea and control for dogs, puppies, cat and kittens as young as one day old. The spray formulation ensures that Fipronil, the active ingredient, is immediately distributed over the entire body, killing fleas shortly after application. Control is long lasting and and can be used on pregnant and lactating females.
Frontline Spray can also be used as an aid to control flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) as well as in the control of sarcoptic mange in dogs.
Frontline Spray has a residual effect of 1 month (3-5 weeks) against ticks and 2 months (1-3 months) against fleas, depending on how many parasites are found in the pets environment.
Bathing or shampooing your pet is not recommended for 3 days prior to application and for 3 days after as this will decrease the duration of activity.
- Spray the entire body of the animal, and apply from a distance of approximately 10-20 cm.
- Apply against the lay of the hair and ensure the entire coat of the pet is wetted.
- Ruffle the coat, especially in long haired animals, so that the product penetrates down to the skin.
- Do not towel dry.
- It is recommended that a minimum of 3ml per body mass is applied for short haired (<3cm) animals and a minimum of 6ml per body mass for long haired (>3cm) animals.
- 100ml bottle gives 0.5ml with each trigger and the 250/500ml bottle gives 1.5ml with each trigger.
- Monthly applications are recommended where there is a high risk of re-infestation.
- Avoid spraying in eyes.
- Wear gloves and wash hands after use.
- Spray animals in a well ventilated room or outdoors preferably.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat during application.
- Toxic to bees and fish.