Milbemax Classic Dewormer Puppy and Small Dog (Single)
- Vendor: Elanco - Novartis
Customize your order
Milbemax Classic Deworming Tablets are for the treatment and control of larvae and adult stages of gastrointestinal worms such as Hookworm, Roundworm, Whipworm and Tapeworm.
Milbemax Classic contains Milbemycin 2.5 mg and Praziquantel 25 mg. The tablet is white in colour and oblong in shape. Milbemax Classic is administered orally either directly to your dog or mixed with their food.
For routine control, adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. In the event of a heavy worm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 10 days:
- 0.5 - 1 kg body mass - 0.5 Tablet
- 1 - 5 kg body mass - 1 Tablet
- 5 - 10 kg body mass - 2 Tablets
- 10 - 15 kg body mass - 3 Tablets
- 15 - 20 kg body mass - 4 Tablets
- 20 - 25 kg body mass - 5 Tablets
Milbemax Classic Worming Tablets for small dogs is suitable for use on puppies, adult dogs, old dogs, working dogs, pregnant and lactating bitches.
Puppies should be dewormed every 2 weeks from 2 - 12 weeks old and thereafter at intervals of 3 - 6 months to control worm infestations. Pregnant bitches should be dewormed 10 days prior to whelping.
Don’t forget the flea control!
Fleas are often infected with the larvae of the Tapeworm, which can be transferred to your dog by swallowing the flea while grooming. In order to control worms, you also need to control fleas. A spot-on treatment is the easiest way to protect your dog – but you may also need one that kills flea larvae in your pet's surroundings, to effectively break the flea lifecycle.
If you don’t control a flea problem at the same time as worming, your dog is almost certain to be re-infected
- This product is for animal use only and should under no circumstances be administered to any animal other than that which is stated for.
- Keep out of reach of children and wash hands after use.
To my surprise, I thought I would have to mash it in something he would eat, but he ate the tablet as is within a second! Very happy with this product.