Kyron Ringworm Ointment is a topical Fungicidal Ringworm Treatment containing Phenylmercuric acetate 0.06% and Eugenol.
Ringworm is caused by several types of fungi, called dermatophytes, with the most common one in pets being Microsporum canis. It is not at all caused by worms as the name may indicate.
Signs of Ringworm in dogs and cats
- Raised flaky, dandruff like "rings" on the skin / in the depths of the coat.
- Red lesions on the head, chest, front legs and the ridge of the back.
- Scaling, crusting, thickening and reddening of the skin.
- Circular patches of hair loss or alopecia on the fungal site - normally the head, chest or ridge of the back.
Directions for use
- Scrape of scales and apply to affected area
- Re-apply a few days later and a third time if necessary.