A broad spectrum apple flavoured dewormer for the treatment against roundworm, tapeworm, and bots in horses of all ages including pregnant mares. Pegaforte is effective against large strongyles, small strongyles, ascarides, pinworms, hairworms, intestinal threadworms, large-mouthed stomach worms, lungworms and cestodes.
Directions for use:
- Pegaforte is administered orally
- Each marking on the syringe delivers enough paste for a 100 kg body mass.
- One 10 g syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 600 kg horse at the recommended dose levels.
- The body mass of the horse should be determined prior to treatment to ensure the correct dose is given.
- Before administration, ensure that the horse does not have food in its mouth.
- Insert syringe in the gap between the front and back teeth and deliver paste onto the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing to ensure swallowing of the paste.
Ivermectin 12 mg/g , Praziquantel 150 mg/g.
Proposed worm control programmes:
Mares - Regular dosing at 6 -8 week intervals on pastures during summer and autumn.
Stallions - Treat at least twice during the year.
Foals - Initial treatment at 2 months of age and followed by strategic treatment at 6 - 8 week intervals.
It is important to alternate between two groups of dewormer during the year.
Bot flies are active during late spring and peak during autumn. The bots are then carried through the winter. Treatment against the bots that are attached to the stomach wall is essential in order to remove the established burdens in autumn and winter.